Sunday, October 26, 2014

Whale Watching

Kim's parents came to town for a visit so we booked a trip on a local whale watching boat. We did this once before and saw lots of dolphins, but no whales. We headed out on this grey, cloudy morning, hoping for whales and more dolphins! 


The seals are always napping on the buoys.


Sleeping so happy in the little bit of sun that was trying to poke through the clouds...


And this guy, I swear he was smiling for the camera. :)


Finally, our very excited captain announced a whale, not too far away. His blow hole gave him away. :)



Dolphin. Whale. Bird. Ocean.



Racing dolphins!


These guys were extra cute... I love that I got the face of one of them in a photo. There were babies in this little group of dolphins and I was seriously wishing I could grab one and take it home with me.


They love racing alongside the boat.





And on the way back in, we saw these fishermen with their cool hats. :)


No comments: