Sunday, August 23, 2015

Olympus XA: It Works!

On one of our strolls around the antique shops in Orange, I found a cheap Olympus XA. I have had an interest in that camera for some time, but didn't really want to spend much money on it. I left that camera sitting in it's case, and was sure it must not work for the price they were asking. We left, went about our day, and went home. The next day, I couldn't shake it, and researched a lot to know what problems to look for. We went and bought batteries and headed back to Orange to check it out again. To my surprise, it was in great condition and it worked! And it was 10% off! I also managed to get an XA2 right around the same time, which I still need to take for a test roll.

This little camera went on a variety of little journeys before I finally finished the roll of film and shipped it off to the lab. 

This is the first photo after I realized I needed to pay attention to the meter... not just the focus. Oops for the six photos before this one. :)

It went with us to Idyllwild on our first forest camping trip. It survived all of the bugs that nearly drove me crazy.






Our smokey Idyllwild campsite.





It also went to The Getty with us...




And to Joshua Tree on a rainy day...




And to the beach the first time we took our bikes all the way there!



No comments: