Monday, August 25, 2014

Alpine Film Lab Tryout

I finally got some of my film developed, so I'll be sharing a few rolls in coming days. This time, I decided to try out a newer lab for the developing. They also do some processing, so I went that route on a few of the rolls. I am so thrilled with the results. They handled a variety of types of film and gave me wonderful results. Their basic developing was great, but their processing really added a level of lovely to my photos. 

Alpine Film Lab is the name of the place, and after the first round of using their service, I highly recommend them. 

Now back to the photos, this is some medium format fun. The square photos were made with my Yashica 124G on one of our first trips to Laguna Beach after we moved here. I went on a film strike while I didn't have a job - it can get expensive. It was pretty rough. I quickly realized that shooting film is a therapeutic hobby. This was the only roll I really shot during that time. And it sat for a few months waiting to get developed. 

The two rectangle photos were made with my Mamiya M645 just a couple of weeks ago. We've gotten into the habit of having a weekly date night at the beach, after my wife finishes her work week. We don't see each other much during those days when she is working nights, so the first night she is home, we run to the beach and have dinner after I get home from work. 












No comments: